If you’re anything like me, finding out your pregnant can be both exciting and daunting in equal measures. Half of you sticks your bump out proudly wherever you go, while the other half is quietly panicking inside…..what will labour be like? How will I cope with the pain? How on earth am I going to prepare for this massive life-changing event?
Well, the good news is, you don’t have to worry about any of those things, or the other hundred issues swirling about your mind. Wouldn’t it be amazing if all you had to think about is the excitement of meeting your beautiful baby for the very first time? This is how I felt after doing The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme. Not only did it prepare me for two amazing births, but it changed my perspective so much I have now trained to become an instructor myself.
The vast amount of pregnant women attend some form of antenatal education during their pregnancy. Of course these sessions are packed with interesting and relevant information to guide you through your pregnancy and birth but do they really give you EVERYTHING you need when you’re preparing for the most important day of your life?
Unlike traditional antenatal courses, Born 2 Birth’s Wise Hippo Birthing Programme focusses on providing you with the tools you and your birthing partner need to make sure you have the right birth on the day.
1. You will learn about the physiology of birth and how our mind impacts our body.
2. You will learn valuable tools to enable you to become an expert in deep relaxation.
3. You will learn how to look at birth as a positive, exciting experience.
4. You will release any fears you may have about birthing your baby so that you can become relaxed and confident.
5. You will learn how to make informed decisions that will support you through your pregnancy and birth to ensure you have the right birth on the day.
6. You are more likely to birth naturally and are less likely to need pain relief.
7. You will be able to remain calm and in control no matter what path your birthing takes.
8. You will feel more prepared for your babies arrival on both a practical and emotional level.
9. Your birthing partner will learn about their role and how they can best support you on the day.
10. You can make sure that the birth of your baby becomes a memory you will always cherish.
For more information check out the Born 2 Birth website, www.born2birth.co.uk
Louisa McDonald, Born 2 Birth.